Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Things We Learned: Our First Interview

While taking pictures for our profile picture, we met Mr. Gibbs. I know him personally, so it was a great first interview.

Here's what I learned:

1) Take a lot of pictures.

I ended up with three good comments from the interview, but I only had one picture.

2) Compose the picture well.

I felt nervous and rushed, so I didn't take my time to compose the picture. I think that I missed out capturing the city life behind him because of the angel.

3) Slow down.

I had all the children with me, so I felt I needed to  move quickly. This left me dissatisfied. I want to allow time in the future to really talk to people and allow them to govern the conversation more. I felt that I pushed for answers a bit too much.

4) Consider recording the interview. 

I need to think more about this one. While I was able to remember what we talked about, I can see how it will be difficult to remember exact words when we interview multiple people or have long conversations. Need to think on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment